The „Sphere Handbook – Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Humanitarian Response“ provides one of the most well-known and internationally recognized sets of common principles and universal minimum standards in life-saving areas of humanitarian response.
The one-day training includes an introduction to the Sphere Handbook and its principles and core standards and gives an overview of the four technical chapters (WASH, Food, Shelter and Health).
The course focuses on the introduction of the Sphere Handbook and offers guidance on how to use and implement the Handbook. The course addresses the different sectors as well as humanitarian protection and other overlapping topics.
Who is the course for?
The Sphere training course is designed for both program management staff and technical specialists wishing to understand the use of the Sphere standards in international contexts. International experience is not required, however an understanding of international humanitarian action would be beneficial.
What will you learn?
By the end of the course, you will:
- Be aware of the Humanitarian Charter and protection principles and how they apply in the field
- Understand the structure and content of the Sphere Handbook as a tool for disaster response
- Recognize how to interpret and use the minimum standards, key indicators and guidance notes
- Input by an qualified Sphere trainer
- Practical and participatory training methods
- Group exercises
Dates*: will be announced I Trainer: Lena Bledau I Location: Berlin I Fees: 800€ p.P. plus VAT** I Participants: min. 8
* Individual appointments and group sizes possible, fees on request
** Group discounts possible